Monday 20 May 2013

FEED ME MONDAY - The 'Holy Tolitoes that is Yummy' Edition

Is it just me or does it feel like Monday rolls around faster than you can say 'Happy Friday!'? It feels that the more amazing of a weekend I have, the more an hour resembles a minute and the more sad I get that it's a whole five more days before I see my loved ones again. But I did indeed have a beautiful week and weekend with a few gorgeous days spent with my mama, a great night with a beautiful old friend and a few days with my darling sister. It involved a lot o' cuddles, chats, laughter and smiles. I feel so so blessed to have such incredible people in my life and to have had the past five weekends choc-a-block full of visits from our treasured family and friends, well that is just icing on the mega cupcake that is my life!

Guess what I am loving at the moment? Smoothies. Or more specifically smoothie bowls. These blended bowls of fruit, vegetables, almond milk and/or coconut water are freakin' delish, uber easy and so nutritious. I have been playing around with a few flavours and combinations recently and have narrowed it down to the following -

+ Spinach, banana, apple, pear, raspberries and passionfruit.
+ Spinach, cos lettuce, celery, apple, pear and lemon juice.
+ Banana, mixed berries and grapes.

Today I'm sharing with you one of these favourites and I guarantee you will fall in love.

Heavenly Berry Bowl

2 frozen bananas (cut into pieces)
Handful of frozen grapes (halved)
1/2 cup frozen berries (leave to thaw a little for greater ease of processing)
1/4 cup of water

Easy as 1, 2, 3. Whack everything in the blended. Process for approximately 1min and then pour out into bowl. I love it at 'icecream' consistency but if you want to have a thinner consistency - just add 1/2 to 1 cup of your milk of choice, coconut or still water and blend away. I top mine with bee pollen and coconut. It is a winner. 

Blessings from this fruity sweet treat x

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...