Monday 14 April 2014

FEED ME MONDAY - The 'Gettin Buzzed' Edition

Happy Monday my beautiful peeps. I hope you all had an amazing weekend filled with sun, fun and food. I certainly did! 

During a long pow wow with my friends around the breakfast table we were talking about the disgustingly huge amounts of sugar and nasties in drinks being consumed by kids//teens. A few of my friends are teachers and commented on the crazy repercussions in terms of behaviour and performance that these drinks yield. Case in point - iced coffees. Anyone who has tried one knows, these things are delicious and addictive. But how do they manage to keep up crawling back for more? 46.5g of sugar per 500mL bottle. That's how. Ridic! 

How do we get our energy fix, sans nasties and sugar dumps, I hear you ask? 

Well, I thought the same. And so this morning I had a big ole play in my humble kitchen trying to create a healthy, low sugar, replacement (without the chemical shitstorm). I thought I'd share it here for you guys in a very much overdue Feed me Monday post!



Dare (to-be-healthy) Iced Coffee

1 small ripened banana
1 1/2 cups organic almond milk
1 Tbspn cacao (I used a maca/cacao blend)
Small squeeze of honey
1 tspn vanilla extract (not essence!!)
1 shot coffee of choice (I used a nespresso choc pod)
4-5 large ice blocks

Add all o' these babies to your blender and go for gold!! In just a few minutes you will have an energising, nutritious and much much much healthier alternative to your morning iced coffee. Give it a shot and try to replace your usual fix with this delish treat and see how you find it!

If you have any recipe requests or any other 'healthy alternatives' that you'd like me to have a play with in the Bless this Mess kitchen - leave a comment below or shoot me an email!

Blessings and mocha flavoured kisses x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...