Thursday 15 May 2014

A CHALLENGE FOR ME (and maybe for you ...)

I'm proposing a challenge - for myself and for anyone who wants to join me. I am going 14 days straight of bonafide vegan. That's right my darlings, this girl is on a mission (for the next fourteen days). It has technically already kicked off for me so I'll be finishing up on Wednesday 28th May but I didn't get mah butt into gear to launch this post yesterday!

What the bleep is 'vegan'? Well I think this hippy little picture explains it best ...


Found here

For me, veganism is about conscious and kind consumption. It's about knowing and appreciating where our food and clothing has come from, and being able to celebrate that no harm was inflicted on earthlings to allow us these gifts. It also reflects a respect for the connectedness of all living things and allows us to fully enjoy the incredible blessings that we're given from the earth. Everyone may have a slightly different definition or interpretation of 'vegan' and may incorporate other philosophies or other dietary practices into their integration of a vegan lifestyle - I am all for that. I cheer on bioindividuality and appreciate that we are all so juicily different and attract different experiences along the way. But, strictly speaking, vegan is a term used to reflect the absense of any animal products within that person's diet and/or lifestyle. And yes, that means no leather or fur for the next fourteen days. I'm not a huge leather or fur fan anyway but I do have a beautiful leather handbag that was gifted to me - for the next fourteen days, that's being swapped for ultra chic calico.

Over the next few weeks - I will keep y'all posted on my triumphs and tribulations, my highs and lows, my tofu and my facon (fake bacon). I will also be running with the whole 'vegan' theme to bring you delicious recipe posts, resources to learn more about vegetarian and/or vegan lifestyles, information regarding the impacts of industrial agriculture and cattle rearing, my personal reasons for the challenge and a whole lot more. I will also be Vlogging (video bloggin') a little more over the coming weeks to have some 'one-on-one' time with you lovelies.

Don't forget to sign up for the Bless this Mess newsletter which will feature bonus information, recipes and links over the next few weeks! If you're keen to join me for the full fourteen days, or even for one meal (!), pledge your commitment in the comments below or shoot me an email!

Blessings and bucket loads of vegan chilli x  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...