Tuesday 13 May 2014

FEED ME ... TUESDAY?

A delayed post but loving and nourishing none the less.

Do you ever get major food cravings? Ones that are so strong, you are tempted to drop whatever it is that you're doing and head straight out to get you some o' dat?!

It struck on the weekend and I was totally and utterly consumed by thoughts of it. The texture, the smell, the taste ... oh sweet baby James. So rather than fork out the $18 that my local charges to make it happen - I decided to take matters into my own hands. 

Avocado smash. Oh I how I love thee. 


Avocado Smash with Greens and Feta Crumble
1 tspn lemon juice
1/2 avocado - 'smashed' with fork
Feta to serve
Handful of baby spinach leaves
Salt, pepper and chilli flakes to season
Bread of choice

Easy as pie. Use a fork to mash the avocado. I seasoned it with the salt, pepper and chilli at this stage but you could just as well season at the end. I toasted some rye bread and added a rough layer of baby spinach leaves and a dollop of avocado mixture to each piece. Spread the mixture and lightly crumble feta over the top nice and evenly. Add a squeeze of lemon to each piece - the zest just cuts through the avocado and compliments the saltiness of the feta really well. So yummy. Simple, healthy and amazing. Craving be gone and $18 be stay. 

Blessings and avocado smudged kisses x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...