Monday 12 August 2013

FEED ME MONDAY - The Raw Porridge Smoothie Edition

Monday, Monday, gonna get down on Mondayyyyy! I trust you all had a wonderful weekend, moved your butts, ate well and of course surrounded yourself with fabulous company.

Today's recipe is a breakfast inspired delicious treat - however it should be noted that I whipped this up last Friday night when our dinner plans suddenly fell through and my barren fridge bore nothing promising. It was incredible. Uber filling, nutritious, tasty as fug and easy as anything - being prepared in 5 minutes.

The original recipe can be found on the Healthy Bitch website - a website dedicated to encouraging health, wellness and kindness through its 'minimal living' daily articles.

Apple Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie 

 
1 1/2 apples chopped
1/2 cup uncooked oats
1 1/2 cups milk of choice (I opted for soy but almond would have tasted incredible!)
2 Tbspns organic nut butter of choice (I used almond, brazil, cashew)
1/2 tspn cinnamon, or more as desired
 
No method needed baby. Just pop in a blending and whiz bang it up! I blended for approximately 2 minutes and it got rid of all lumps until a velvetty smoothie remained. Serve and enjoy!
 
Blessings from my nutty kitchen x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...